Sunday, May 1, 2011

.....aaaaannd...She's Back!



click-click. Scratch. Is this thing on?

Ummm, hello out there....

I've been gone a LONG time from this place. Truth told, I had an extended domestic crisis that just used up all my energy for writing, and most of my energy for thinking. I have been keeping up, sort of, with the business, and the crisis has come to a head, freeing a great deal of psychological energy for other things.

It's a good thing, too, because I have the GREAT privilege of posting this image of my cranberry panda spun and knitted into a shawl:



Oh, how I wish you could see the exquisite detail in the original, but I don't know how to get Blogspot to accept that large an image. The spinner and knitter is Rina Rahardjo, and you can see more about her at
www.rahardjo-knits.com

She spindle-spun the entire skein--fine enough to triple ply and still get laceweight yarn. You GO, Rina!

I was at Yarnover last Saturday, but brought mostly yarn (duh!) I noticed that, in both the yarn and the bit of fiber that I brought I had almost no bright colors. Hmmmm. Shepherd's Harvest is this weekend.

It's been great to check in, and I won't leave it for another 18 months; promise! I have to go dye now...It's good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Thanks for posting the photo :D
    I'll see you at Shepherd Harvest and I'll bring the shawl.

    ReplyDelete