Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello, World!

I've got a business, and these days a business needs a blog. At least, an artistic business does.

Hello, World! My name is Mia McDavid, and this is the site for After the Sheep Fiber Arts. I will be posting about my fiber, and eventually taking orders.

I am a longtime fiber freak, all my life really. I knit, crochet, make lace, spin, weave. I haven't learned to nalbend yet, but I sure want to...

I was born in '55, and live in a suburb of St. Paul with my husband and my adult son. I recently got into dyeing, and it was so much fun I found I had to start selling the fiber because I was running out of storage room. I have been dyeing largely unspun fiber, but do intend to dye yarn in the immedate future.

You can find my work at present at Borealis Yarns, Knitter's Palette, the Fiber Studio, and the Yarn Garage.

More to follow...

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mia on your new blog and fiber business! I am looking forward to seeing your creations. What is your fiber called on the Knitters Palette site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you on blogger, Mia. This is exciting and looks like fun and I wish you much success with it.

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that you, Colorado Springs?

    I don't think Pam has put my stuff up on her website yet; it would be on as After the Sheep if she had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great, more friends pushing fiber. Just what I needed. Congratulations and good luck. Will you be growing dye plants?

    Lisa (Leezagail to Google)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lisa;

    I'm going to copy this in a note because blogspot doesn't have a "reply-to" feature; all comments just attach to the post in general.

    I've grown woad, though you have to be careful to destroy it before it goes to seed. I have some unintentional fiber and dyestuffs on my land; nettles, milkweed, goldenrod, but my time is limited and some of my favorite natural dyes are just not convenient to grow, like cochineal. Mostly I buy them.

    Tell your friends about my blog!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete