Sunday, July 12, 2009

The beginning of the end...


Well, there's starting to be a list of things I won't be doing again this week.

Won't dye silk blend yarn or panda top; I'm out of both.

Won't dye pounds of superwash or more panda yarn; they both need the skein winder and I've put that away.

Tomorrow will be my last dyeing day.

Making a list of things to take with or do before I go. Worried about my cell phone; sometimes it's fine sometimes it breaks up to the point where you can't converse...

The fiber today is a funky overspun wool that I've been dyeing with natural dyes. I have already done two shades of safflower, and here is the darker of two shades of cochineal. Cochineal is a beetle that grows on the prickly pear cactus and gives the most wonderful shades of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment