Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gosh...

It is with a feeling of letdown that I announce that my Etsy shop, AfterTheSheep.etsy.com, is open. The reason I am not overjoyed by this is that I find the adding of new items to be very cumbersome and time consuming; if I have six colors, say, of unspun bamboo top, I need to list every one with category, (there is no unspun fiber category OR yarn category), tags, price, shipping, etc. all re-entered every time.

I have a LOT of different things. This looks like a long process...

Bed now. I was stung by hornets yesterday and the allergic reactions seem to be taking a lot out of me...

3 comments:

  1. Etsy is cumbersome. I have found that saving the first description in a text file that I can copy and paste helps save time. Filing that description with the photos of the like objects also helps.

    It becomes mechanical after awhile, so much so that I am sure that I am not proofreading at all well.

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, thank you for the tips. What is your Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally stopping by your blog again after looking at all the luscious new things in your Etsy shop. My shop is margueritemanor. The url is
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5112267

    ReplyDelete