Saturday, May 16, 2009

The dust has settled

It's been a good week for me. I only tackled two fiber tasks: I brought my books up to date, and I washed fleeces. Both went well.

I've recorded all sales and expenses to date and backed up my books. I also washed the gray Shetland (very soft and beautiful; I'm happy with it), the black and white Colonial (The dirtiest fleece I've ever handled, but came out quite nice), and half of the black CVM (coming out lovely!). I have yet to do the other half of the CVM (it was nine pounds so I'm doing it in quarters) and the first-year white alpaca, which I'm saving for last. I'm not at all sure whether the sparkling white cormo, which I got as a luxury for ME!

I still have a little BFL and a lot of yarn to dye, and on Monday I am going to order more bamboo, and Panda if they have any.

I'm also going to order more silk blends. The biggest surprise for me is that the very softly spun silk/merino, which was far and away the most luxurious thing I had, sold very well indeed! I guess craft supplies count as a small luxury compared to many other things.

If you have any suggestions for anything you'd like to see, please comment or drop me a note at mia underscore mcdavid at comcast dot net. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting some pygora or pygora blend in some fabulous color(s). I don't need it but want it. The pygora that I found at Shepherd's Harvest didn't match what I wanted (mostly solid between brick and cranberry).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm. I think I can find a source for pygora; I'll look around. I'm all about cranberry red...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update; I've found several sources. Are you looking for fiber or yarn, and if yarn what weight?

    ReplyDelete