Sunday, May 3, 2009

Not quite done...


with either the day's work or the home stretch, but I think I'd better post before I keel over dead. I have taken up my courage in both hands and dyed all of the lace-weight alpaca (that might not all make it to market!) and half of the silk blend. Photos to follow very careful rinsing and drying.

I also found a cache of bamboo that didn't have labels yet, dyed the very last of my Panda top, and still have to do a pound of thick-n-thin. I've got some Panda yarn skeined off for tomorrow, and should probably do some more Falkland superwash.....

A while ago I dyed up a half pound of wool/mohair blend in shades of red. It came out uneven, and not in a good way, so the other day I ran it through a drum carder. I now have a yummy Watermelon Sorbet. Truly, there are no disasters, just creative opportunities...

No comments:

Post a Comment