Sunday, April 12, 2009

Let's see....

It was Easter, so most of my day was not about dyeing.

I did, however, take the safflowers out of their soak; they had released so much yellow that it looked brown. I put them into a new soak, and dyed 1 lb. 4 oz. of wool a rich gold; there's still a lot of pigment left, too.

I also tried a new variation of Shades of Red; more hues, and pouring instead of squirting for less even color distribution. I think it's going to come out really pretty. I have a pound of bright yellow Panda cooling. I have part of a fleece that I washed that will be ready to dry tomorrow.

Not a bad day's work.

I am going to be ordering yarn, so I can offer yarn as well as unspun fiber. I will dye it up in some of the same colorways that I've been using elsewhere; should be a ton of fun!

Today's photo is buttercream Panda; tomorrow I will photo and post the bright yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment