Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ramping up


Getting serious now. I dyed three pounds today; a new indigo colorway for Panda, both yarn and top, the Strawberry colorway for Panda yarn and top, and more of Woodland Spring and Cedar Hill. I got all my dyes and all my chemicals in, so I'll be a very busy woman for a while.

The Panda sock yarn is on cones; I'm having my son help me skein it off. All the other yarn is in 1/2 lb skeins; I plan to dye it first, and then some of it I will re-skein into smaller skeins. I don't think I'll find many takers for half a pound of merino/silk at $45 a skein. Lovely stuff, though, and great for a little scarf or cowl or some such.

Today's photo is Panda Cranberry Crush. Cranberry may be my very favorite color, if I had to pick just one, and I will be making sure to do up some sock yarn in this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment