Thursday, April 2, 2009

Now for something COMPLETELY different...



More years ago than I care to admit, the late, great Mike Royko decided that, as he made the best ribs in the known universe, he was going to prove it by having a giant rib cook-off in Grant Park. I got to be a judge one brisk October day. We were all issued aprons, and I went up to the Royko family enclosure and asked Mike to sign mine.

So, for lo these many years, I've had this apron sitting around. I couldn't wash it, it might wash off the signature. I couldn't wear it because I couldn't wash it...

I ran across it the other day, and the answer came to me--if I embroidered along the signature, I could wash the apron, and even if the ink ran the signature would still be preserved. Voila!

I plan to use it when I work with dyes. It makes me happy

1 comment:

  1. What? Not going to frame it? ;) I think that embroidering it and using it while doing something you love is an excellent idea. Great solution!

    ReplyDelete